Coconut Sambol (Pol Sambol) Recipe
Coconut Sambol or Pol Sambol is a very famous Sri Lankan food. Freshly grated coconut sambol is delicious when it’s really blended with chilli and onions. You can serve this freshly made coconut sambol with any Sri Lankan meal. It goes really well with string hoppers, bread & roti.
- Fresh Coconut (Grated) – 200g
- Crushed Dried Red Chillies – 01 TSP
- Onion (Chopped) – 02 TBS
- Maldive Fish – 01 ½ TSP
- Black Pepper – 1 TSP
- Lime Juice – 01 TSP / to taste
- Salt - To taste
- Crack the coconut in half and Grate the coconut using coconut scraper.
- Grind the red chilli, onion, pepper and maldive fish in a blender and blend it for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Take out from the blender and put the mixture into a bowl and add the coconut, salt and lime juice and mix well by hand until the coconut is well coated with the mixture
- Serve this freshly made coconut sambol with any Sri Lankan meal.