Chocolate Swiss Roll
Everybody likes swiss roll. Specially when it comes to Chocolate Swiss Roll, it’s a rewarding treat for cholate lovers.
- All-purpose Flour – 65g
- Cocoa Powder – 30g
- Baking Powder – 01 tsp
- Eggs – 04
- Sugar – 130g
- Melted Margarine – 45g
- Vanilla – ½ tsp
- Semi-sweet Chocolate – 150g
- Lukewarm Whipping Cream – 120g
- Chilled Whipping Cream – 240g
- Cocoa Powder
- To make the sponge cake, get a large bowl and beat eggs and sugar in it until it becomes thick and foamy.
- While beating add melted margarine and vanilla.
- Then mix flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Before putting this into the egg mixture sieve it.
- Gradually add this flour mixture into eggs and beat more.
- Pour this batter in to a 12x13 inch baking tray and bake the cake around 10 – 12mins under 180C in a pre-heated oven. Don’t make this cake sheet too thick or too thin.
- After that get a baking tray and sprinkle it with cocoa powder. Now flip the cake sheet over this and slowly remove the baking sheet you baked with.
- Then roll the cake sheet with the baking sheet while it is hot and keep aside.
- To prepare the filling, melt chocolate with lukewarm whipping cream.
- In another bowl whip cream until stiff peaks foam. While beating add melted chocolate into this.
- Now unroll the cake sheet and spread prepared chocolate mixture evenly on the cake sheet. Again, roll this with the filling and keep in the fridge around 01 hour to set.
- When the swiss roll is well set cut the corners and dust with some cocoa powder. You can decorate this cake anyway you want.