Kids Favourite - Chocolate Chip Hot Cross Buns
Soft, fluffy, appetizing buns packed with lots and lots of chocolates inside are the perfect treat for your kids. Some of the chocolate chips inside get melted while baking making them more chocolaty and flavorful. The recipe is not hard, but you need to be more patient if you want to enjoy a soft, light, and awesome bun. Out of below ingredients we can make 12 hot cross buns.
Ingredients:For the dough
- All-purpose Flour – 370g
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Ground Cinnamon – ½ tsp
- Ground Nutmeg – ½ tsp
- Ground Ginger – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – 110g
- Instant Dry Yeast – 10g
- Melted Butter – 45g
- Lukewarm Milk – 125ml
- Vanilla – 01 tsp
- Egg – 01
- Raisins – 75g
- Chocolate Chips – 200g
Ingredients: For Crosses
- All-purpose Flour – 40g
- Water – 6ml
Ingredients: For the glaze
- Mixed Fruit Jam – 02 tbsp
- Mix 01 tsp of sugar with yeast. Then add about 02 tbsp of milk into yeast and mix. Keep it aside around 6-7 mins until yeast active.
- Combine ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and sugar with flour.
- Then add yeast, remaining milk, egg, vanilla, and butter into flour.
- Knead the dough around 8-10 mins by using your hands. If the dough is sticky apply some flour on your palms and knead. Don’t add more flour to the dough.
- When the dough is ready, we need to transfer this into an oiled bowl. Cover it and let it rise about 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, cut chocolates into small pieces.
- Add chocolate chips and raisins into the dough and mix thoroughly. Again, cover the dough and let it rise around 45 mins more.
- Transfer the dough onto a flat surface and cut into 12 equal pieces. Make small balls from these dough pieces and keep them on a baking tray. Make sure to apply butter on the baking tray or put a baking sheet. Otherwise, when the dough balls rise, they will stick to the tray and it’ll be difficult to remove the buns from the tray.
- Again, cover these balls and let them rise around 30 mins - 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the crosses mixture. For that, mix flour with water and make a little bit thick paste.
- When the dough is ready put crosses on all the buns. After making all the crosses we need to bake these buns around 15 mins under 200C in a pre-heated oven.
- Right after baking brush jam on top of all the buns. Applying jam gives a good shiny look to the buns and adds extra flavor.
- This super soft bun with lots of chocolates inside is a great treat for your kids.