Flourless Chocolate Cake with Coffee Mousse…
Base of this flourless chocolate cake is very chocolaty and delicious. Top of the cake is rich in coffee with a very nice texture. This will be absolutely a heavenly cake for those who are in love with coffee and chocolates.
- Butter – 110g
- Chocolate – 150g
- Eggs – 03
- Sugar – 100g
- Cocoa Powder – 01 tbsp
- Egg Yolks – 02
- Sugar – 100g
- Corn Flour – 12g
- Warm Milk – 160ml
- Vanilla – ½ tsp
- Instant Coffee – 01 tbsp
- Gelatin Powder – ½ tbsp
- Cold Water – 02 tbsp
- Whipping Cream – 240g
- For the cake batter, melt chocolate and butter under low heat until smooth.
- Let this cool down and add egg yolks one at a time.
- Add cocoa powder and salt.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat more.
- Mix these egg whites with the chocolate mixture.
- Transfer this batter into a baking pan and bake the cake around 25mins under 180°C in a pre-heated oven.
- For the coffee mousse, combine egg yolks and sugar together. Stir well until it becomes creamy.
- Then add corn flour.
- Gradually add milk and stir well.
- Heat this under low heat until thickness.
- Then, remove this from heat and add vanilla and coffee.
- Mix thoroughly and let it cool down.
- Dissolve gelatin in water and let it swell around 05-10mins.
- Pour gelatin to coffee mixture and mix well.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff form.
- Then, mix whipping cream with the coffee mixture.
- Spread the coffee mousse over the chocolate cake.
- Refrigerate this cake around 04 hours until the coffee mousse is completely set.
- When the cake is set remove it from the baking tray and use a hot knife to cut into pieces.