Sri Lankan Dhal Curry
Cooking dhal curry is very easy. Anyone can cook dhal curry very easily and secret behind the taste is to cook it to the perfect tenderness. Dhal curry is a very popular dish in Sri Lanka it goes with any food like Bread, String Hoppers, Rice, Hoppers & etc…
- Masoor Dhal - 01 Cup
- Turmeric Powder - 01 TSP
- Red Onion Sliced - 04-05
- Tomato Chopped – 01 (Medium)
- Green Chilies Sliced – 02
- Coconut Milk (Thick) – 02 Cups or as needed
- Salt -01TSP
- Mustard Seeds - ½ TSP
- Curry Leaves -01 Sprig
- Garlic (Sliced) - 02
- Wash dhal and all other ingredients well.
- Put it in a pot and add all the above mentioned ingredients in to it.
- Check whether coconut milk is enough to cook dhal or if not add more. Make sure to add thick coconut milk because it can increase the taste.
- Then cook it around 10-15mins. Make sure to cook it to the perfect tenderness.
- Once it is cooked well, serve with any food like bread, rice or string hoppers.