Salmon Kalu Pol Curry
This is a delicious, bit different way of cooking salmon.
- Heat a pan on the stove and dry roast raw rice in it. We need to roast rice until it changes colour.
- Then dry roast scraped coconut until it becomes dark brown.
- After that dry roast fennel seeds, mustard seeds, cardamom, cloves, fenugreek, cinnamon and curry leaves.
- Once the roasting is done, add all roasted things together and grind.
- Heat oil in a pan and slowly lay salmon in it. Carefully fry both sides of the salmon pieces for few minutes. After frying, get salmon pieces out of oil and keep aside.
- Into the same oil, add chopped garlic and ginger.
- After around 2 mins add pandan leaves, curry leaves, green chilies, and sliced onions. Let it sauté for few minutes.
- Add chili powder, curry powder, roasted curry powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and prepared coconut rice mixture.
- Combine all of them together and then add goraka, salt and coconut milk. We need to cook this until coconut milk cooks well.
- When coconut milk cooks well, add salmon into this. Slowly combine salmon with the mixture and cook few more minutes.