- Grated coconut - 01 cup
- Jaggery – ¾ cup (you can adjust this amount to suit your taste)
- Cardamom powder – 1/8 TSP
- Salt – A pinch
- Banana leaf/Oiled paper – 02
- Heat a pan and add jaggery and small amount of water and melt jaggery slowly.
- Once jaggery is fully melted add cardamom powder and salt into it and stir well.
- After that add coconut in to the jaggery mixture and stir continuously.
- Heat the mixture about 10 minutes well until coconut absorbs jaggery well and the mixture becomes bit darker.
- Meanwhile you can prepare string hoppers dough
- Then put that into a string hopper maker and press both handles to squeeze banana leaf and oiled paper.
- Place 01 Table spoon of coconut mixture (Pani Pol) in the middle of the string hopper and fold banana leaf in to two and then press and seal both edges properly.
- Then, place that on a string hopper mat and steam about 10 – 15 minutes until it cooks well.
- You can have this for breakfast or can serve with a nice cup of tea.