French Toast Recipe
Add a great taste of egg and milk combined with bread to your breakfast with this delicious French Toast recipe. Although French Toast is used as a dessert in France, most of the time Sri Lankans have it as a breakfast. Let’s see how to make this yummy recipe.
- White bread – 05 slices
- Fresh milk – 01 cup (08 oz)
- Egg – 01
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Vanilla – 01 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder – ½ tsp
- Break egg into a wide bowl and add fresh milk also.
- Mix well to combine milk and egg.
- Add salt, cinnamon powder and vanilla and mix.
- Apply a thin layer of butter in a nonstick pan and heat it under low fire.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing bread to soak up some of the mixture.
- Keep bread slices on the pan and heat slowly until bottom is golden brown.
- Turn and brown the other side also.
- Decorate this with some icing sugar.
- You can serve this hot with butter, honey or banana.