Are you really drinking water the right way?
Water! We all drink water every day. Have you ever wondered how precious it is and how important water is to our body. Human body consists 50-70% of water. Our body requires right quantity of water at the right time for a better performance. Knowing how and when to drink water, provides you lots of benefits and maximizes body effectiveness.
- Drink water when you get up. Throughout the night your body consumes available water and in the morning you are naturally dehydrated. So, drink a glass of water before go to bed and drink water in the morning before having anything.
- Drink 8-12 glasses of water a day. However, we need to monitor our urine colour and need to keep it in the light side. If your urine colour is yellow, it means, you are not having enough water.
- Sip water in small quantities in a day, than drinking glasses of water at once. This will reduce the stress on your heart and it will give more time for your body to absorb water fully.
- Drink water time to time in a day and don’t wait until you are thirsty to drink water. When you feel thirsty, that means you are already below your normal water requirement.
- Drink more water when it is hot. People live in hot climate need to drink more water than the people who live in cold climate.
- Don’t drink large volumes of water at a single breath. You should stop drinking water when you are satisfied.
- Drink more water after you exercise.
- Drink lukewarm water and avoid drinking cold water. Learn more about adverse effects of having cold water.
- Drink more water when you are sick. This helps you to recover fast from various infections. If you are dehydrated, your situation will be worst.
- Always drink filtered water. Select the correct water filter that can remove impurities and toxins that are in water. There are many types of water filters in the market and wisely select a filter by considering the environment you live in.
- Increase your water intake if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Studies have proved that pregnant or breast feeding mothers need more water than normal people.
- Although you are not thirsty, but your lips are dry, you need to drink water. Because, dry lips are a sign of insufficient water to your body.
- Don’t drink water right after you have your meal. This will kill the energy that requires for your digestive process and lead to form gas and acidity problems.
- Drink lots of water if you have constipation.
- According to Ayurvedha, it is best to drink water while sitting than standing.
- If you take any medication have them with water. Don’t have medication with soft drinks or juices. Water helps to dissolve the medication and spread it throughout your body.